.QUICK HITS 2017-18 Season
*All Year* See the AWSC Events listing to find a worthwhile snow or event happening in the area you plan to visit
* DUES ARE DUE for 2017-18 season. See Membership to use PayPal. Avoid $2 charge:
If Paying by Check Send $20 to:
Rib Knights Snowmobile Club
P.O. Box 315
Wausau, WI 54402
* Jan. 9 (Tues.) MEETING 525 Track main building. 6:30 lunch, 7:00 meeting. 8 PM RAFFLE drawing
* Jan. 13 (Sat) CHRISTMAS PARTY @ Trails End resort and bar. More detail coming. $20 limit on gift exchange $20 limit. Prime Rib, Shrimp, Chicken.
* Jan. 27-29 (Fri-Sun) WAUSAU 525 CHAMPIONSHIP RACING. Take CR NN West from Hwy 51/39 to the track site. Follow the signs for the best ice oval racing on the circuit.
ALERTS & NOTIFICATIONS 2018
* Jan 1, 2018: Several northern counties are open. Trails are in Good to Fair early riding condition. Find updated trail conditions in the Wi Trails link.
*FEB 14: Zone 3&4 Trails will CLOSE at 8 AM in Marathon County
*Please see links for more updates as trail begin to open in surrounding counties.
-TRAIL PASS PROGRAM (2015)-
NOTE: ATV's do NOT need a trail pass sticker.
FINES: $200 if on trail without a trail pass or receipt.
TRAIL PASS: You must have your AWSC number and Sled ID numbers to get passes.
TRAIL PASS can be purchased for full price ($30) and the receipt is good for 10 days! and must be on the sled for show.
TRAIL PASSES purchased with the club discount are VALID with a receipt for a 3 week grace period.
Has been approved by the legislature and signed into law. Below is a summary found on the AWSC web site, reprinted here for your benefit:
1. When does this new law go into effect?
July, 2015. Act 142 requires each snowmobile operating on trails to display a WI Trail Pass to be purchased annually. This is separate from the WI snowmobile registration fee structure which will change to a $30/3 year registration. Currently it is $30/2 years.
2. What is the cost of the trail pass?
Once Act 142 is implemented, if your membership dues with one of the nearly 600 AWSC snowmobile clubs statewide are up to date and the club has paid your AWSC dues, the cost of the Trail Pass will be $10. If you are purchasing the new Trail Pass and are NOT an AWSC and snowmobile club member the cost will be $30 per snowmobile.
3. Do I have to join a club?
No – It will be your choice to join one of the nearly 600 AWSC snowmobile clubs statewide. Please remember that without the clubs and volunteers there would be NO TRAILS! It is the club volunteers that provide and maintain the WI Snowmobile Trail System.
4. Where do the funds from the trail pass go?
The revenue generated from the sale of snowmobile registrations and Trail Passes will go into the state snowmobile program’s segregated fund.
5. How do I obtain my trail pass?
6. The TRAIL PASS should be placed "as high as possible" on the hood of the snowmobile.
NEWS & CONVENTIONS
2016 Fall Workshop
October 28-30, 2016
Chula Vista Resort, Wisconsin Dells (866-382-4852)
Booking # C89284
2016 Spring Convention
March 24-26, 2017
Potawatomi Casino, Milwaukee